Hot enough for you? When the mercury rises, cool down with these 10 easy Elizabeth City outings that are sure to keep you calm, collected, and entertained.
1) Step out with our First Friday ArtWalk series, the first Friday of the month.
2) Tool around town on Port Discover‘s four-passenger surrey (with the fringe on top).
3) Meander, in cool comfort, through exhibits at Museum of the Albemarle as you explore more than 300 years of the region’s history.
4) Forget firing up your stove or oven. For dinner, head to one of our delicious eateries.
5) Shop, shop and shop a little more. It’s a great excuse to be out of the sun while you nab some cool finds.
6) Enjoy a riverfront breeze as you shop for fresh fruits, vegetables and homemade goodies at the Downtown Waterfront Market. Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
7) Looking for a cool group outing? Gaze at the stars at Khan Planetarium for a free show for groups of 20 individuals or more. Make reservations by calling 252.335.3759.
8) Catch the Music on the Green series at Mariners’ Wharf which features terrific local musicians and bands. Every Tuesday, now through September 12, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
9) Browse the galleries at Arts of the Albemarle and view work from more than 250 artists, craftsmen and photographers.
10) Beat the dog days of summer by cooling off at the roller skate-shaped Meads Pool.
Don’t forget to tag your adventures with #DiscoverECity! Check out our events calendar for more Elizabeth City happenings!